Psoriasis can be a relentless skin condition, causing discomfort and self-consciousness for millions of individuals worldwide. While various treatments are available, the emergence of CBD oil as a potential remedy has sparked considerable interest in recent years. This article serves as your comprehensive guide to finding the best CBD oil for psoriasis, helping you make informed decisions for your skin health. Psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder that leads to the rapid buildup of skin cells, resulting in red, itchy, and scaly patches. Conventional treatments often come with side effects, leaving many searching for alternative options. CBD, a non-psychoactive compound derived from the cannabis plant, has shown promise in managing the symptoms of psoriasis. In this article, we will delve into the science behind CBD’s potential benefits for psoriasis, explore what to look for when purchasing CBD oil, and provide an in-depth review of the top CBD oil products available today. Whether you’re new to CBD or seeking the most effective solution for your psoriasis, our guide will empower you with the knowledge needed to find relief and regain confidence in your skin. Say goodbye to psoriasis-related discomfort and hello to a more comfortable, confident you with the best CBD oil for psoriasis.
6 Best CBD Oil Products
We’ve spent more than 35 hours of research reviewing 25 manufacturers of CBD oil and other CBD products. We have chosen 6 of the best CBD oil companies and their products. The factors that attributed to choosing the 6 companies below include pricing, shipping speed, how quickly they respond to customer inquiries, transparency in ingredients, ease of website navigation, ease of ordering and availability of customer support.
Affiliate disclaimer: to keep our website free of any banner ads, we may receive commission from clicks on some of the links on our website. This does not compromise the quality of our editorial content in any way.
1. CBD Pure
- Extremely affordable prices
- Very fast shipping
- Organic products with a wide assortment, including CBD oil, CBD pet products for dogs and cats, CBD cream and CBD capsules
- Coupons: 10PERCENTOFF – takes 10% off your order.
2. Fab CBD
- Non-GMO ingredients and product assortment that includes CBD tinctures, CBD gummies, CBD capsules, CBD topicals and even CBD pet treats.
- Organically grown
- Flavors include mint, citrus, berry, natural flavor as well as vanilla
- From 300mg up to 2400mg
- 30 day money-back guarantee
- Free shipping ($99 and above)
3. Green Roads CBD
Brief Overview of Psoriasis as a Skin Condition
Psoriasis is a chronic autoimmune skin disorder that affects millions of people worldwide. It is characterized by the rapid overproduction of skin cells, leading to the formation of thick, red, scaly patches on the skin’s surface. This condition often cycles through periods of flare-ups and remission, making it a long-lasting and challenging condition to manage.
There are several types of psoriasis, with plaque psoriasis being the most common. It typically presents as raised, inflamed areas covered with silver or whitish scales. Other types include guttate, pustular, inverse, and erythrodermic psoriasis, each with its unique characteristics and severity levels.
The exact cause of psoriasis remains unclear, but it is known to involve an abnormal immune response. Genetics play a role, as individuals with a family history of psoriasis are more predisposed to develop the condition. Environmental triggers, such as stress, infections, and injuries to the skin, can also exacerbate symptoms.
Psoriasis isn’t just a skin issue; it can have significant effects on one’s overall quality of life. The visible nature of the condition can lead to self-consciousness and emotional distress, and the persistent itching and discomfort can be physically and mentally taxing.
Mention the Growing Interest in CBD Oil as a Potential Treatment
In recent years, there has been a growing interest in the use of CBD (cannabidiol) oil as a potential treatment for psoriasis. CBD is a non-psychoactive compound derived from the cannabis plant. It is known for its anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and immunomodulatory properties.
Research into CBD’s effects on psoriasis is still in its early stages, but preliminary findings are promising. CBD interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system, which plays a crucial role in regulating various physiological processes, including the immune response and skin health. CBD’s ability to reduce inflammation and modulate immune responses makes it a candidate for alleviating psoriasis symptoms.
Furthermore, CBD is generally well-tolerated and has a favorable safety profile, with minimal side effects reported. This has sparked considerable curiosity among individuals seeking alternative and natural remedies for psoriasis, especially when conventional treatments come with potential side effects and limitations.
Purpose of the Article – To Guide Readers in Choosing the Best CBD Oil for Psoriasis
The primary aim of this article is to empower readers with the knowledge and information needed to make informed decisions about using CBD oil for psoriasis management. With the increasing availability of CBD products in the market, it’s essential to understand how to differentiate between high-quality CBD oils and those of lesser quality.
We will explore the science behind CBD’s potential benefits for psoriasis, delve into what to look for when purchasing CBD oil, provide an in-depth review of the top CBD oil products available today, and offer guidance on dosage and usage. By the end of this article, readers will have the tools necessary to select the most suitable CBD oil for their specific needs, potentially finding relief from the discomfort and visible symptoms of psoriasis while improving their overall quality of life.
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a chronic autoimmune skin condition characterized by the rapid proliferation of skin cells. In a healthy skin cell turnover process, old skin cells shed and are replaced with new ones over several weeks. However, in psoriasis, this process is significantly accelerated, with skin cells turning over every 3-7 days. This rapid cell turnover leads to the accumulation of excess skin cells on the surface, resulting in the formation of red, inflamed, scaly patches.
Types and Severity of Psoriasis
- Plaque Psoriasis: This is the most common type, characterized by raised, red patches covered with silvery-white scales. It can occur anywhere on the body.
- Guttate Psoriasis: Often triggered by infections, guttate psoriasis appears as small, red, droplet-like lesions on the skin.
- Inverse Psoriasis: This type appears in skin folds (e.g., armpits, groin, under the breasts) as smooth, red lesions. It is exacerbated by friction and sweating.
- Pustular Psoriasis: This rare form results in pus-filled blisters surrounded by red skin. It can be localized or affect the entire body.
- Erythrodermic Psoriasis: A severe and rare form, erythrodermic psoriasis causes widespread redness, peeling, and itching, often accompanied by severe pain and fever.
- Nail Psoriasis: Psoriasis can affect the nails, causing pitting, discoloration, and even separation from the nail bed.
Severity is categorized into mild, moderate, and severe based on the extent of skin involvement, the impact on quality of life, and the presence of symptoms such as itching and pain.
Conventional Treatments and Their Limitations
Conventional treatments for psoriasis aim to alleviate symptoms, reduce inflammation, and slow down the rapid skin cell turnover. Common treatments include:
- Topical Treatments: Corticosteroids, vitamin D analogs, and tar-based ointments.
- Phototherapy: Controlled exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light, often combined with medications.
- Systemic Medications: Methotrexate, cyclosporine, and biologics for severe cases.
Limitations of these treatments include potential side effects (e.g., thinning skin, immune suppression), varying effectiveness from person to person, and the need for ongoing maintenance.
The Potential of CBD Oil in Managing Psoriasis Symptoms
CBD (cannabidiol) is a non-psychoactive compound found in cannabis plants. It has gained attention for its potential in managing psoriasis due to its anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory, and skin-soothing properties. Some ways in which CBD oil may help with psoriasis include:
- Reducing Inflammation: CBD interacts with receptors in the skin’s endocannabinoid system to reduce inflammation, potentially alleviating redness and swelling associated with psoriasis.
- Slowing Cell Growth: CBD may help regulate the abnormal skin cell proliferation seen in psoriasis.
- Pain and Itch Relief: CBD’s analgesic and anti-itch properties may provide relief from discomfort associated with psoriasis lesions.
- Moisturizing: CBD oil can moisturize dry, flaky skin, reducing the appearance of scales.
However, it’s important to note that research on CBD oil for psoriasis is ongoing, and its effectiveness can vary among individuals. It’s advisable to consult a healthcare professional before incorporating CBD oil into your psoriasis management plan.
The Science Behind CBD for Psoriasis
Understanding how CBD interacts with the human body and its potential therapeutic effects on psoriasis is crucial for those seeking alternative treatment options. In this section, we will delve into the scientific aspects of CBD’s interaction with the endocannabinoid system, its anti-inflammatory and immune-modulating properties, and the research supporting its effectiveness in managing psoriasis.
How CBD Interacts with the Endocannabinoid System:
The endocannabinoid system (ECS) is a complex cell-signaling system found in the human body. It plays a pivotal role in regulating various physiological processes, including pain sensation, inflammation, immune response, and skin health. CBD interacts with the ECS primarily by influencing its two main receptors:
- CB1 Receptors: These are predominantly found in the brain and central nervous system. CBD’s interaction with CB1 receptors helps modulate pain perception and may alleviate the discomfort associated with psoriasis.
- CB2 Receptors: These receptors are primarily located in immune cells and peripheral tissues, including the skin. CBD’s interaction with CB2 receptors can potentially regulate the immune response and inflammation associated with psoriasis.
CBD doesn’t bind directly to these receptors but rather influences them indirectly. It enhances the ECS’s ability to maintain homeostasis, promoting balance within the body’s systems.
Anti-Inflammatory and Immune-Modulating Properties of CBD:
CBD is renowned for its anti-inflammatory properties, which can be particularly beneficial for individuals with psoriasis. It acts on multiple pathways to reduce inflammation:
- Cytokine Modulation: CBD has been shown to suppress the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines. This can help mitigate the excessive inflammation seen in psoriatic skin lesions.
- Inhibition of Inflammatory Enzymes: CBD inhibits enzymes like COX-2 and iNOS, which are responsible for generating inflammatory molecules.
- Immune System Regulation: CBD can influence immune cell function, potentially reducing the hyperactivity of immune cells that leads to psoriasis flare-ups.
By reducing inflammation and modulating the immune system, CBD may offer relief from the redness, itching, and discomfort associated with psoriasis.
Research and Studies on CBD’s Effectiveness in Psoriasis Management:
Several studies and anecdotal reports have explored the potential of CBD in managing psoriasis symptoms:
- Clinical Trials: While research is ongoing, some clinical trials have investigated the use of CBD-based products in skin conditions, including psoriasis. These trials have shown promising results in reducing inflammation and improving skin appearance.
- Patient Testimonials: Many individuals with psoriasis have reported positive outcomes with CBD use, noting reduced itching, redness, and overall improvement in skin health.
- Animal Studies: Animal studies have demonstrated CBD’s ability to suppress inflammation and regulate the immune response, which aligns with its potential benefits for psoriasis.
While further research is needed to establish definitive guidelines for CBD use in psoriasis management, the existing evidence suggests that CBD’s anti-inflammatory and immune-modulating properties may hold promise as a complementary therapy for individuals seeking relief from psoriasis symptoms. However, it’s essential to consult with a healthcare professional before incorporating CBD into your psoriasis treatment plan.
What to Look for When Buying CBD Oil for Psoriasis
As the popularity of CBD oil as a potential remedy for psoriasis continues to rise, it’s crucial to navigate this market with discernment. Choosing the right CBD oil for your psoriasis treatment involves several key considerations. In this section, we will delve into the critical factors to keep in mind when purchasing CBD oil for psoriasis.
Importance of choosing a reputable manufacturer:
- Research the manufacturer’s reputation: Look for well-established, reputable CBD brands with a history of quality and transparency.
- Read customer reviews: Seek feedback from other users to gauge the effectiveness and safety of the product.
- Check for industry certifications: Trustworthy manufacturers often have third-party certifications for product quality and safety.
CBD oil extraction methods:
- Know the extraction process: Research how the CBD oil is extracted from the hemp plant. CO2 extraction and ethanol extraction are considered safe and efficient methods.
- Avoid products with harmful solvents: Steer clear of products that use propane, butane, or other potentially harmful solvents, as these may leave behind residues in the final product.
- Look for full-spectrum or broad-spectrum extracts: These types of CBD oils retain beneficial compounds, including terpenes and other cannabinoids, which may enhance the therapeutic effects.
Understanding CBD concentration and dosage:
- Analyze the label: Check the product label for the CBD concentration per serving, typically measured in milligrams (mg).
- Consider your needs: Determine your ideal dosage based on the severity of your psoriasis, your body weight, and previous CBD experience. Consult with a healthcare professional if unsure.
- Start low and go slow: Begin with a lower dose and gradually increase it until you find the optimal dosage that provides relief without side effects.
Checking for third-party lab testing and certificates of analysis:
- Request lab reports: Reputable manufacturers provide third-party lab testing results for their products, ensuring transparency and quality.
- Confirm cannabinoid content: Verify that the CBD oil contains the advertised amount of CBD and negligible levels of THC.
- Check for contaminants: Ensure the absence of harmful contaminants such as heavy metals, pesticides, and mold in the lab reports.
Considering the type of CBD oil (full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, or isolate):
- Full-spectrum CBD: Contains all the naturally occurring compounds in the hemp plant, including trace amounts of THC (usually less than 0.3%). This may provide an “entourage effect” where the compounds work synergistically.
- Broad-spectrum CBD: Similar to full spectrum but with THC removed. It still contains other beneficial cannabinoids and terpenes.
- CBD isolate: Pure CBD with no other cannabinoids or terpenes. It may be suitable for those concerned about THC or other compounds.
By carefully considering these factors, you can make an informed choice when selecting CBD oil for managing your psoriasis, potentially enhancing its effectiveness in alleviating your symptoms and improving your skin health.
How to Use CBD Oil for Psoriasis
Dealing with the persistent symptoms of psoriasis can be challenging, but CBD oil offers a promising natural remedy. To maximize its benefits and ensure safe usage, it’s crucial to understand how to use CBD oil effectively. In this guide, we’ll delve into dosage recommendations, various methods of consumption, and potential side effects and precautions associated with using CBD oil for psoriasis.
- Start Low and Go Slow: If you’re new to CBD oil, it’s wise to begin with a low dose. Typically, a dose between 5 to 10 milligrams (mg) of CBD is a good starting point. This allows you to gauge your body’s response.
- Gradual Increase: After the initial dose, you can gradually increase the dosage by 5 mg every few days until you find the optimal dosage that provides relief from psoriasis symptoms. The ideal dose varies from person to person, so patience is key.
- Consult a Healthcare Professional: For personalized guidance, consult with a healthcare provider experienced in CBD use. They can consider your specific condition, body weight, and other factors to recommend an appropriate dosage.
- Consider CBD Concentration: The concentration of CBD in your oil matters. For example, a 10ml bottle containing 500mg of CBD means each milliliter contains 50mg of CBD. Pay attention to this concentration when calculating your dosage.
Methods of Consumption
- Sublingual: Sublingual consumption involves placing a few drops of CBD oil under your tongue and holding it there for about 30-60 seconds before swallowing. This method allows for faster absorption into the bloodstream, typically within 15-30 minutes.
- Topical: CBD-infused creams, lotions, or balms can be applied directly to psoriasis-affected areas. This method targets localized symptoms and may take longer to show effects but offers targeted relief.
- Oral: You can ingest CBD oil by adding it to food or beverages, or by taking CBD capsules or gummies. This method has a slower onset time, usually 30 minutes to 2 hours, but the effects may last longer.
Potential Side Effects and Precautions
- Possible Side Effects: While CBD is generally well-tolerated, some individuals may experience side effects like dry mouth, diarrhea, changes in appetite, or drowsiness. These effects are usually mild and temporary.
- Interaction with Medications: CBD can interact with certain medications, particularly those that have a grapefruit warning. Consult with your healthcare provider if you’re taking medication to avoid potential interactions.
- Quality Matters: Ensure you’re purchasing high-quality, third-party tested CBD oil from reputable sources to minimize the risk of contaminants or mislabeled products.
- Patch Test for Topicals: Before applying CBD topicals to a large area, perform a patch test on a small part of your skin to check for allergic reactions or irritation.
- Consistency is Key: Consistency in usage is crucial for long-term benefits. Stick to your chosen method and dosage for an extended period to assess its effectiveness.
Incorporating CBD oil into your psoriasis management plan can provide relief, but it’s essential to approach it with care and patience. Always consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new treatment and monitor your progress closely to determine the best approach for your unique needs.
Lifestyle and Dietary Tips for Managing Psoriasis
Psoriasis, a chronic skin condition characterized by red, scaly patches, can be a persistent challenge. While CBD oil and other treatments may provide relief, adopting a holistic approach to managing psoriasis can significantly improve your overall well-being. In this section, we’ll delve into lifestyle and dietary tips that complement your treatment plan.
The Importance of a Healthy Diet
Diet plays a pivotal role in psoriasis management, as it can either aggravate or alleviate symptoms. Here’s why a healthy diet matters:
- Inflammation Control: Opt for an anti-inflammatory diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins. These foods can help reduce inflammation, a key driver of psoriasis symptoms.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Incorporate sources of omega-3 fatty acids like fatty fish (salmon, mackerel) or flaxseeds into your diet. Omega-3s can help reduce skin inflammation.
- Limit Trigger Foods: Some individuals find that certain foods exacerbate their psoriasis symptoms. Common triggers include dairy, gluten, and processed foods. Keeping a food diary can help identify personal triggers.
- Hydration: Stay well-hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Proper hydration can help maintain skin moisture and minimize itching.
- Alcohol and Tobacco: Limit or avoid alcohol and tobacco, as they can worsen psoriasis symptoms.
Stress Management Techniques
Stress is a known trigger for psoriasis flare-ups. Implementing stress management techniques can help mitigate its impact:
- Mindfulness and Meditation: Practice mindfulness meditation to reduce stress and promote relaxation. Mind-body techniques can also improve your mental state, which in turn benefits your skin.
- Yoga: Regular yoga sessions can aid in stress reduction, enhance flexibility, and improve overall well-being.
- Breathing Exercises: Simple breathing exercises can be performed anywhere and provide immediate stress relief.
- Seek Support: Don’t hesitate to reach out to support groups or a mental health professional. Talking about your challenges can be therapeutic and provide coping strategies.
The Role of Exercise and Sleep in Psoriasis Management
Exercise and sleep are integral components of a healthy lifestyle, and they can significantly impact psoriasis management:
- Exercise: Engaging in regular physical activity boosts circulation, which can aid in skin healing. It also reduces stress and helps maintain a healthy weight, both of which are beneficial for psoriasis.
- Sleep: Prioritize quality sleep, aiming for 7-9 hours per night. Poor sleep can exacerbate psoriasis symptoms and weaken the immune system.
- Stress Reduction: Exercise and relaxation techniques like meditation can improve sleep quality.
- Skin Care Before Bed: Apply moisturizers or prescribed creams before bedtime to keep your skin hydrated and minimize irritation during the night.
Incorporating these lifestyle and dietary tips into your psoriasis management plan alongside CBD oil or other treatments can lead to more effective symptom control and an improved overall quality of life. Remember that individual responses may vary, so consult with your healthcare provider for personalized guidance on managing your psoriasis.
Recap of key points discussed in the article:
- Understanding Psoriasis: We began by comprehending the intricacies of psoriasis, its types, and the limitations of conventional treatments.
- The Science Behind CBD for Psoriasis: We delved into the science, exploring how CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system and its potential in alleviating psoriasis symptoms.
- Choosing the Right CBD Oil: To make an informed choice, we emphasized factors such as reputable manufacturers, extraction methods, CBD concentration, and third-party lab testing.
- Top CBD Oils for Psoriasis: We provided detailed reviews of the best CBD oil brands for psoriasis, helping you select the most suitable option.
- How to Use CBD Oil for Psoriasis: We discussed dosing, consumption methods, and potential side effects.
- Lifestyle and Dietary Tips: Recognizing that holistic care is key, we explored the importance of diet, stress management, exercise, and sleep in psoriasis management.
Encouragement for readers to explore CBD oil as a potential psoriasis treatment
As you’ve discovered, CBD oil holds promise in the journey towards managing psoriasis. Its anti-inflammatory and immune-modulating properties, backed by scientific research, offer hope for a natural, effective remedy. We encourage you to explore this alternative with an open mind and, as always, consult with your healthcare provider to ensure it aligns with your specific needs.
Hope for improved quality of life for individuals dealing with psoriasis
In the challenging journey of dealing with psoriasis, we understand the physical and emotional toll it can take. It’s crucial to acknowledge that you are not alone in this battle. Psoriasis affects millions of people worldwide, each with their unique struggles and stories.
However, amidst the difficulties, there is a glimmer of hope – the potential of CBD oil as a valuable addition to your psoriasis management toolkit. As you’ve learned from this article, CBD’s anti-inflammatory and immune-modulating properties offer a promising avenue for relief.
Our deepest wish is for your quality of life to improve significantly. We understand the daily discomfort, self-consciousness, and frustration that psoriasis can bring. It’s our hope that the knowledge you’ve gained here empowers you to make informed choices on your journey to healthier skin.
May your path forward be illuminated with newfound confidence and relief, as you explore the potential benefits of CBD oil. Remember that consulting with your healthcare provider is essential as you consider this option, as they can provide personalized guidance based on your unique needs.
In closing, know that there is a community of support, research, and solutions available to help you on your quest for relief. Embrace this journey with optimism, and may your future be marked by a brighter, more comfortable, and psoriasis-free chapter in your life.