Society is becoming ever more enlightened as to the benefits of consuming natural ingredients and avoiding putting harmful chemicals into their bodies. From growing and harvesting to how the beneficial components are extracted from the cannabis plant, finding a company that offers only clean CBD oil is one of the most effective ways to improve one’s health. Knowing that the media has exposed the fact that some companies use the word “organic” without altering their process but wanting to charge more for their products, consumers have become skeptical. Nevertheless, they can be confident that “organic” does denote a genuine benefit when applied to CBD oils. Damage to the body’s cells can come from a variety of places. These include:
- Synthetic pesticides or fertilizers,
- Solvents used in the extraction process, and
- Genetically modified organisms (GMO’s).
Doctors are becoming increasingly limited to what they can prescribe. Every patient who has had difficulty finding alternatives to prescription medications for relief from chronic pain or to ease symptoms of a terminal illness may find all they need with the right product to suit their situation. When they are debating if organic matters, they will determine that is does when they compare organic vs non-organic CBD oil.
Why does organic matter when picking CBD oils?
While a portion of the media has made it seem like paying more for organic products isn’t beneficial, regardless if it’s produce or CBD oil, ingesting cleaner CBD oils and other products is not only good for an organism’s basic functioning, but it also helps for the well-being of the entire Earth. Many ailments for which researchers can find no cures and no way to reverse them have begun to attribute their causes to the large amount of heavy metals and chemicals that occur due to the use of pesticides when growing plants, even the cannabis plant. For example, Leukemia and Parkinson’s Disease have been linked to consuming pesticides even though they have been approved for use in small quantities.
Realistically, pesticides have not been used in the small amounts for which they are approved and are having long-term negative effects on everything organic around them — from human health to the animals and plants that they consume. When a pesticide is “innocently” sprayed onto a plant, it is absorbed by that organism, as well as the soil from which it is taking the nutrients with which to grow. Pesticide usage leads to a variety of issues, including:
- The soil being depleted of its beneficial components,
- The effect it has on pollination, because it negatively impacts the population of the bees, and
- It deposits harmful pollutants into the air on which every living being relies for life.
This is in addition to the use of antibiotics and hormones when farming animals for food. Autoimmune and other chronic diseases have been trending upward for years, causing researchers to stand up and pay attention to finding the reasons behind it. While there isn’t enough research to factually state that anything specific causes or can cure these illnesses. Individuals may have to give up the notion that a vast array of chronic problems will be solved in the near future and focus their solutions on a long-term problem. Part of this process involves changing how people treat the products that they put into our bodies. However, using organic CBD oil can help ease the symptoms of even terminal illnesses, including persistent pain that prevents patients from living a normal life.
Organic vs Non-Organic CBD oil
CBD comes from the hemp plant, which consists of hundreds of cannabinoids. The main ones are terpenes and cannabidiol, or CBD. Organic hemp simply means that it has been nurtured under conditions without the use of:
- Genetically modified organisms whose DNA has been unnaturally altered in a lab. Modern technology allows individual genes to be spliced out of one organism and into another. For example, pea plants can survive permafrost, so this gene can be transplanted even across species to make them immune. Not enough research has been made into how this genetic change affects the end result and how it might alter chemically once an organism that ingests it starts the digestion process.
- Synthetic fertilizers
- Synthetic means mad made, or inorganic. Synthetic fertilizers are inorganic products that have been created using byproducts of the petroleum industry. Fertilizers, regardless if they are organic or synthetic, replenish the essential nutrients plants require when they are growing; however, they end up killing the beneficial microorganisms in the soil that the plants also need to thrive.
- Pesticides are designed to stop crop-killing animals and insects, even microbial life that is damaging, like mold. Since they are designed to kill living things, their toxic chemical makeup also causes injury to humans, pets, and the environment. The damage they impart includes birth defects, cancer, and severe neurological effects. The agricultural industry occasionally resists using organic pesticides because they cost more and have been reported to be less effective in killing pests.
- Ionizing radiation
- Food irradiation is a common process used to kill bacteria, parasites, insects, and molds. It is performed under a controlled environment, also killing off lingering pathogens from production. While it may increase the shelf life of produce with its reduction of microorganisms, when it’s used on cannabis plans, it may destroy the terpene profile up to 38%. Not enough research has been done but the few studies that have been performed show neurological side effects on felines.
- sewage sludge
- Since the early 1990s, sewage sludge has been used to fertilize millions of acres of America’s farmland. It is a toxic waste is a combination of heavy metals, industrial compounds, viruses, bacteria, and radioactive material. Using this product has caused hundreds of people to suffer from the likes of nausea, respiratory distress, tumors, and reproductive issues.
- Unnatural solvents in CBD extraction
- Extraction methods used to separate the cannabinoids from the cannabis plant matrix vary. For years, butane was used as a solvent, but it was found to be absorbed into the end product. Clean, organic CBD oil is a more natural production when using carbon dioxide or food-grade ethanol in the extraction process.
CBD oil has been the primary target of hundreds of clinical trials to determine the validity of the benefits that CBS oils can bring to the millions of people that suffer from debilitating illnesses throughout the entire world. Whether someone is looking for relief from a diagnosable or idiopathic chronic pain or they need an alternative to prescription medications that didn’t work to ease the seizures from their epilepsy. Using organic vs non-organic CBD oil can make all difference in living a wonderful life.