The concept of aging isn’t necessarily appealing to those who are approaching it, but there are methods of making living with the side effects of age, like instituting the use of CBD oil in a daily regimen. The aging of the human body is something that everyone must endure. The aging process naturally leads to less of an appetite, as well as the need for less sleep. The body naturally uses more of the vitamins and minerals received in its diet whether it’s trying to keep up with the aging process or replace depleted products due to the side effects of necessary medications. Chronic pain is more of a daily issue instead of being occasional, which is only one of the reasons why sleep is more interrupted, and the elderly suffer more from insomnia than when they were younger. Many seniors look for ways to ease the anxiety, aches, pains, and insomnia that accompany the lovely art of aging, and CBD can help a vast array of the issues they face.
What happens as we age?
Everyone dies, and the benefit of aging is one that is not given to all. How the elderly mentally cope with aging ranges anywhere from full acceptance with a love of the wisdom that they have obtained to complete denial and anxiety. Some of the positive aspects of aging:
- The new things that they have learned
- New memories that have been obtained
- Language and vocabulary skills
Many feel the negative aspects more strongly. Some of the common changes that occur mentally can include:
- Recalling names and finding words are more difficult
- Multi-talking is harder
- Less of the ability to focus
The reasons for the physical deficits involve the changes that can occur naturally, from disease, injury, or the increased intake of prescription medications that cause a variety of side effects. These side effects can include:
- Decreased blood flow to the brain
- Reduced communication between nerve cells
- Parts of the brain can shrink, specifically the ones related to learning and complex mental activities
- Inflammation has been a major factor as the body reacts to injury and disease.
Why some people think better and don’t have as many cognitive issues is a mystery to medical personnel. The causes of many disease associated with the elderly are also unknown, such as Alzheimer’s and depression.
What are some of the common problems as we age?
As the body gets older, it can cause physical issues from normal wear and tear. Hence, doctors suggest routine testing that includes mammograms, colonoscopies, bone scans, and skin checks. Catching health issues early can prevent them from taking a life early. Some of the common issues include:
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Affects about one in nine individuals over the age of 65. Diagnosis is difficult, and there is no cure. People end up in a care facility for safety and self-care issues because they lose memory as the disease progresses.
- Osteoporosis and arthritis
- Loss in bone density and is progressive. It leads to fractures and reduced quality of life. People can take calcium. Affects over 64 million people.
- 25% of 65 and older live with and manage the effects of diabetes. The sooner it’s found, the sooner they can prevent long-term side effects because it’s progressive.
- Respiratory Diseases
- COPD is the third most common cause of death of those over 65. Asthma affects 10% of men and 13% of women, and chronic bronchitis and emphysema affect 10% of men and 11% of women over 65.
- Depression is a threat to the senior population as it lowers immune system response.
How does CBD oil help the senior population?
We have discussed how aging affects the body and mind, whether it’s positive or negative. Having to depend on drugs to balance a faulty organ or process that has decided to act up is something that not many choose to do. Those who are looking for all-natural alternatives or additions to prescription medications that could possibly lessen negative side effects will love the results they find with the use of CBD oil. Numerous clinical studies have proven that CBD can relieve over 50 conditions, which includes diseases like multiple sclerosis (MS), epilepsy, many anxiety and stress-related disorders, and arthritis.
How does CBD help almost everything?
Every animal has an ECS (endocannabinoid system) that is responsible for the balancing of the majority of the body’s systems, from digestion to reproduction. It contains neurotransmitters called endocannabinoids that send the messages to the receptors. The receptors are scattered throughout the entire body and are concentrated strategically in the nervous system, like the brain and spinal cord. The endocannabinoids are only manufactured by the body as they are needed, which when an imbalance is detected. They are sent to bind to or react with the receptors to regain control of whatever is causing the problem, whether it’s from an external or internal source.
Cannabinoids are a component found in the cannabis plant. CBD oil is extracted and deemed legal in the United States as long as it contains less than 0.3% THC, which is the cannabinoid that causes psychoactive effects. CBD acts the same as the naturally made endocannabinoids when introduced into the system, helping to correct the issues that are present. The following are some of the best ways that organic CBD oil can help the elderly population:
- Pain management and inflammation
- Bone health and arthritis
- Combats substance abuse
- Manage high blood pressure and heart health
- Deter neurogenerative diseases, like MS and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Improve mood and relieve anxiety
Growing older is a different experience for everyone. It depends not only on each person’s body, but on their mental state. One person can have osteoarthritis and not allow it to stop them from living a full life, while another can be experiencing the same symptoms and sit around all day, only to make it worse. Everyone can live a life as close to youthful as possible when they take advantage of the benefits that can be found in all-natural CBD oils. It can not only relieve symptoms, but it can target many problems that seniors face as they adjust to their new normal.