Due to its taboo nature, gastrointestinal problems are rarely talked about among people outside of doctor offices and online articles even though these issues are rather common among people. There’s no need for someone to suffer in silence, as there is nothing wrong or embarrassing about suffering from intestinal problems. If an individual is experiencing digestive problems, it’s important to see a medical professional immediately. For people with chronic conditions, though, there is no better all-natural alternative to dangerous medications than organic CBD oil. Without all the nasty side effects that someone can experience from traditional prescription medications, CBD oil is an all-natural anti-inflammatory medium that can aid one in many incidences, especially intestinal problems.
Why is gut health important to overall health?
The stomach and intestines are the powerhouse of the body. This is where the body absorbs and distributes life-nurturing nutrients from what someone consumers. Many doctors agree that gut health is imperative to the continued health of all systems of the body. There are trillions of organisms in the gut, both good and bad, that help process the foods that is eaten. There is also a huge link between gut health and mental health after the discovery of the majority of serotonin, the happiness molecule, is produced in the digestive system. Focusing on gut health can help balance every system in the body.
CBD oil is linked directly to the Endocannabinoid system, or ECS for short. This system is responsible for the homeostasis of the body, which can be tied directly to the digestive system. With its incredible anti-inflammatory properties, CBD oil can be the perfect substitute or addition to prescription medications for gut health. Inflammation can severely harm the gut, which, in turn, will harm the whole body. CBD oil in the daily diet can help overall health and allow the ease of a healthy and functional digestive tract.
What are some common digestive conditions?
Many digestive diseases and problems can display similar symptoms. It’s always imperative that someone visits their doctor if they are experiencing any of these symptoms or even suspect that they may be at risk for a digestive disease. No one should have to live in discomfort when digesting food, which is all the time. With the help of CBD oil and other methods, one can escape the pain of digestion and enjoy their life again. The most common digestive conditions known for people to be experiencing are:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Also known as IBS for short, irritable bowel syndrome effects 10%-15% of the world population. If someone has an irritable digestive tract, they could be at risk for IBS. An irritable digestive tract can be described as discomfort from eating at least three times a month for several consecutive months. The cause of IBS is currently unknown, but it’s understood to be correlated to the dietary intake. Sufferers of this common digestive issue should eat a low-fat, high-fiber diet and avoid trigger foods that include dairy, alcohol, caffeine, artificial sweeteners, and other foods that produce a lot of gas.
- Celiac Disease
- Celiac disease is a profoundly serious condition from an insensitivity to gluten that affects one in 133 people. Gluten is found commonly in most foods, including wheat, rye, and barely. If someone with Celiac disease were to digest gluten, their immune system would go into attack mode, which inflames and damages the part of the small intestine that allows them to absorb the nutrients from what they eat. The only treatment available is to completely avoid gluten in the diet. Common alternatives to carbs with gluten can include brown rice, quinoa, lentils, soy flour, and corn flour. Symptoms can include severe abdominal pain, bloating, constipation or diarrhea, unintentional weight loss, anemia, bone loss, depression, and even seizures. If someone is experiencing any of these symptoms while gluten is a part of their diet, they must go to their doctor immediately for a diagnosis.
- Gallstones are hard deposits that form in the gallbladder. The gallbladder is a small, pear-shaped sac that stores and releases the bile needed for digestion. Gallstones are common medical occurrences despite their painful symptoms. Over one million Americans face gallstones each year. These small, painful stones are formed when there is an overflow of cholesterol and waste in the bile, which happens when the gallbladder doesn’t empty properly. Gallstones will block the ducts leading into the intestines, which are known to cause sharp pain in the upper-right abdomen. Medication can typically dissolve gallstones, but if that is unsuccessful, surgery is necessary to completely remove the gallbladder.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- Otherwise known as GERD for short, this gastrointestinal disease is categorized by the reflux of stomach acid into the esophagus. Someone who suffers from this disease can experience a burning sensation in their throat or chest after refluxing. This symptom can occur mainly after meals and during sleep but can still happen for other reasons. It may be common for people to experience reflux and heartburn to some extent when they overeat, but those suffering from GERD display symptoms that effect their everyday life on a consistent basis. Doctors will typically categorize it as a GERD diagnosis when it occurs at least twice a week. This chronic digestive condition can be found in about 20% of United States citizens. If an individual is experiencing consistent heartburn; pain in the chest, throat, or upper abdomen; bad breath; tooth erosion; or trouble swallowing; it would be wise to seek medical attention immediately to manage this dangerous GI disease to prevent facing a graver conditions.
There are plenty of people who suffer from digestive issues, and it is much more common than people realize. There is nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about, and as long as one takes care to avoid trigger foods and visit a medical professional, then everything should be okay. With the addition of CBD oil into one’s diet, they can feel comfortable knowing they are taking good care of their body and paying attention to the needs their digestive tract demands. There is nothing wrong with experiencing digestive symptoms, and if someone thinks they may have one of the listed conditions above, they should visit a doctor immediately for a diagnosis so that they may begin the process of properly caring for their body. CBD oil may be the perfect resolution for which someone has been looking to ease their pain and suffering!