Endometriosis can cause severe pain and fertility issues in the lives of those who suffer from it. Without a cure, it’s difficult to manage the symptoms; however, we will outline how CBD oil helps lessen symptoms and even target the cause of the issue. The uterus is the part of the female reproductive system that sustains the fetus during pregnancy. It prepares to grow a baby every month and sheds its lining when that doesn’t happen. One of the malfunctions in this process is that tissue grows outside the uterus that is similar to its lining. Endometriosis affects up to 10% of people with uteri, which is 380 million people who suffer from the symptoms. This glitch in the system is called endometriosis and although it can interrupt daily routines, organic CBD oil can help return someone to a normal life.
What exactly is endometriosis?
Patients who are suffering from this life-altering ailment may experience the following symptoms:
- Pelvic pain
- Painful periods
- Pain following intercourse
- Heavy menstrual bleeding or bleeding between periods
- Lower abdominal pain before menstruation
- Cramps one or two weeks around menstruation
- Lower back pain
- Diarrhea, constipation, and nausea
- Painful urination and bowel movements
It’s essential for the patient to visit a gynecologist if they experience two or more these symptoms; however, some people don’t feel anything and are still diagnosed with a severe form of it. The stages of endometriosis are determined based on a variety of factors that include number, size, depth, and location of the tissue that has grown outside the uterus, called endometrial implants:
How is endometriosis typically treated?
Physical pain is a feeling from which most people want quick relief. Chronic pain impedes daily living by creating not only physical anguish, but mental as well. Finding the best way for getting back to normal is key in relieving the anxiety associated with any chronic illness, and while there is no cure for endometriosis, the following list display the ways that symptoms can be managed:
- Pain medications
- Over the counter (OTC) or prescription pain medications may be necessary, but they don’t always help.
- Hormone therapy
- Supplemental hormones may relieve pain and stop the progression. The tissue can grow with the natural monthly hormonal changes, which hormonal additions can regulate. This remedy doesn’t always help.
- Contraceptives with hormones
- These decrease fertility and prevent monthly growth of endometrial tissue. These products that can even eliminate pain and include birth control pills, patches, and vaginal rings.
- Estrogen-blocking hormones
- These gonadotropin-releasing products blocks the stimulation of the ovaries. This can create an artificial menopause with side effects like vaginal dryness and hot flashes. Adding in progesterone can balance out and limit the symptoms.
- This conservative surgery is good for women who still want to get pregnant but for whom medications are not working. It is used to diagnosis as well as burn the extra tissue away.
- This is a rare and complete last resort suggestion by medical professionals. This highly invasive surgery removes the extra tissue in addition to the uterus and cervix, and the ovaries when best to do so. Patients will not be able to have children after this surgery.
The details of the treatments are necessary to understand how difficult a disease it is to treat and to reveal how CBD oil can help alleviate the symptoms, as well as the problem itself.
What is CBD and how does it affect the human body?
Each animal has an endocannabinoid system that is made up of messengers and transmitters. The endocannabinoids (or messengers) are only made as they are needed to activate the receptors. CBD acts the same in the body as the naturally made endocannabinoids, so if they are overwhelmed, additional CBD can be applied to the affected area or ingested to help boost the natural process. These components are all part of the endocannabinoids system (ECS), which is responsible for balancing the majority of the functions in the body. Since receptors are clustered in the nervous system, as well as being scattered throughout other parts of the body, two of the main problems that it is effective at solving are pain and inflammation.
How does CBD oil help endometriosis?
With symptom management being the focus and the risks of the surgeries and medications typically used, people frequently search out more natural remedies, like diet, exercise, and supplements. Research has proven that CBD oils can not only have an impact on the symptoms of the disease but can even get to the root of the issue. CBD has shown to help endometriosis in the following ways:
- Stops cell growth
- Desensitizes nerves that transmit pain
- Regulates the immune response
- Stops the lesion from being supplied with nerves
- Prevents tissue growth by lessening cell migration
- Stops the lesion from being supplied with blood vessels
- Inhibits inflammation
Cannabis has been used for thousands of years for its medicinal properties but was made illegal in the 1930s due to lack of research regarding its place in medicine. After immeasurable hours of research, scientists, doctors, and politicians are finally fully comprehending the impact that using cannabinoids extracted from cannabis can make on medicine today. The job of the ECS is to balance the systems of the body, and it has a major effect on the reproductive system. The body’s natural endocannabinoids are essential to its functioning, so the addition of CBD oil can make an enormous difference in correcting the underlying imbalance.
No one appreciates the negative side effects that can occur with prescription medications or the life-altering affects of surgery. Finding an all-natural alternative in the use of CBD oil can be life-changing for someone who has to deal with this incurable disease. There are a few key points to consider when choosing the right organic CBD oil to ensure consuming the best product. Part of controlling the daily effects of endometriosis are in the habits of eating anti-inflammatory foods, such as products high in fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and supplements. The consistent use of CBD oil can help reduce pain and inflammation associated with endometriosis.